Become a Registered Nonprofit Organization
Improve Your Organizational Management
- Board Café - tips and tools on nonprofit board management from CompassPoint Nonprofit Services
- BoardSource - tips and tools on nonprofit board management from BoardSource, formerly the National Center for Nonprofit boards
- Strategy Development Tools - Articles and publications from the Center for Effective Philanthropy that help bring strategic thinking to philanthropy and nonprofit activity
Build Your Community
SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business," is a resource partner of the SBA decicated to entrepreneur education. Nonprofits often need business related skills which experienced SCORE counselors can provide. SCORE is the premier source of free and confidential small business advice to help entrepreneurs from idea to start-up to success. For more information, click on the following links below:
- *SCORE Homepage - Is a resources partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration
- *SCORE Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships - Give advice along with business planning tools for non-profits
* The link marked with asterisk (*) is an External Link. By clicking on this, you will be leaving the Department of Veterans Affairs Website.
Find Government Program Guides & Handbooks
- Technical Assistance Events and Resources - This White House Web site provides intermediaries and faith and community-based organizations with helpful links to information, tools, and resources.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - This General Services Administration Web site gives you access to a database of all federal programs available to state and local governments (including the District of Columbia); federally recognized Indian tribal governments; Territories (and possessions) of the United States; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
- The Foundation Center - The Foundation Center is an independent nonprofit information clearinghouse established in 1956. The center's mission is to foster public understanding of the foundation field by collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects.
Grants Catalog (White House)
Find Federal grant opportunities suitable for faith-based and community organizations in the grants catalog called "Federal Funds for Organizations That Help Those in Need".
Developing Quality Grant Proposals (White House)
Develop a quality grant proposal with the help of this guide.
DUNS Number (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services)
All Federal grant applicants are required to have a Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number.
Available Funding (White House)
Information on how FBCOs can apply now for several Federal grants.