Community Nursing HomesExpand Content (accessible version)
- What are Community Nursing Homes?
- Am I eligible for a Community Nursing Home?
- What services can I get?
- How do I decide if this is right for me?
- What do Veterans and caregivers say?
- Return to: Nursing Home and Residential Settings
What are Community Nursing Homes?
A Community Nursing Home is a place where Veterans can live full time and receive skilled nursing care any time of day or night.
VA contracts with community nursing homes to care for Veterans. The Community Nursing Home program is offered in many communities so Veterans can receive care near their homes and families.