Research Update - June 2011
The following journal articles were distributed for review in June 2011. You can access each article's abstract by clicking each paper's title.
1. Golier JA, Caramanica K, Yehuda R. Neuroendocrine response to CRF stimulation in veterans with and without PTSD in consideration of war zone era. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2011.
2. Jamil H, Hamdan TA, Grzybowski M, Arnetz BB. Health effects associated with geographical area of residence during the 1991 gulf war: a comparative health study of iraqi soldiers and civilians. US Army Med Dep J. 2011:86-95.
3. Li B, Mahan CM, Kang HK, Eisen SA, Engel CC. Longitudinal Health Study of US 1991 Gulf War Veterans: Changes in Health Status at 10-Year Follow-up. Am J Epidemiol. 2011.
4. Chao LL, Abadjian L, Hlavin J, Meyerhoff DJ, Weiner MW. Effects of low-level sarin and cyclosarin exposure and Gulf War Illness on Brain Structure and Function: A study at 4T. Neurotoxicology. 2011.
5. Coughlin SS, Kang HK, Mahan CM. Selected Health Conditions Among Overweight, Obese, and Non-Obese Veterans of the 1991 Gulf War: Results from a Survey Conducted in 2003-2005. Open Epidemiol J. 2011;4:140-146.
6. Wakil A, Sathyapalan T, Atkin SL. Pituitary hypophysitis and gulf war syndrome: A case series and hypothesis. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011.
7. Orme DR. The “Reality” of Gulf War Illness - Additional Reader Feedback. Federal Practitioner. 2011;28(3):37-40.
8. Shvartsbeyn M, Tuchinda P, Gaitens J, et al. Patch testing with uranyl acetate in veterans exposed to depleted uranium during the 1991 Gulf war and the Iraqi conflict. Dermatitis. 2011;22(1):33-39.
9. McDiarmid MA, Engelhardt SM, Dorsey CD, et al. Longitudinal health surveillance in a cohort of gulf war veterans 18 years after first exposure to depleted uranium. J. Toxicol. Environ. Health Part A. 2011;74(10):678-691.
10. Moss JI. Chemical interactions and Gulf War Illnesses. Chem Biol Interact. 2011.
11. Coughlin SS, Kang HK, Mahan CM. Alcohol Use and Selected Health Conditions of 1991 Gulf War Veterans: Survey Results, 2003-2005. Prev Chronic Dis. 2011;8(3):A52.
12. Wille T, Thiermann H, Worek F. In vitro kinetic interactions of DEET, pyridostigmine and organophosphorus pesticides with human cholinesterases. Chem Biol Interact. 2011.