The VHA Forms, Publications & Records Management search engine retrieves documents based upon the words entered in the search box. A weighted results list of matching documents is returned, with the more relevant matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document.
|Entering Search Terms
By default the search engine will retrieve documents containing ALL
of the words in the query, including stemmed word variations. For example,
a search on benefits would return documents containing any of the words
benefits, benefit or benefiting. To search for
an exact phrase, or to turn off stemming, enclose the query in quotes.
To find documents containing ANY of the words in the query, separate the
terms with commas. Below are some examples:
- health benefits
- Finds documents containing stemmed variations of both health and benefits.
- "health" "benefits"
- Finds documents containing only the exact words health and benefits.
- "health benefits"
- Finds documents containing the exact phrase health benefits.
- health, benefits
- Finds documents containing stemmed variations of either health or benefits.
- "health benefits" eligibility
- Finds documents containing both the exact phrase health benefits
and stemmed variations of the word eligibility.
- Case Sensitivity Checkbox
- By default, all searches are case-insensitive. Check this box to perform case-sensitive searches.
- Synomym Checkbox
- Check this box to retrieve documents containing synonyms of the words entered in the Search Terms box. Synonyms will not be found for words entered in the Exclude and Field text boxes.
- Hide Summaries Checkbox
- Check this box to hide document summaries in the search results list.
- Excluding Terms
- Enter terms that should NOT be included in documents content. Only documents without any of the terms will be returned.
- Field Searching
- Use this feature to search documents by Publication Type, Publication Number, Publication Title, Subject, and/or Keywords. Use "Contains" to specify terms to be included in the field value, and "Does Not Contain" to define terms to be excluded. When using "Does Not Contain", only documents without any of the terms in the selected field will be returned. Automatic word stemming is turned off for field searches.