Seattle Regional Benefit Office
The high-rise Henry M. Jackson Federal Building, also known as the "JFB" or the "New Federal Building," is located adjacent to the earliest pioneer settlement and origin of the Great Seattle Fire of 1889. The JFB occupies one full block in Seattle’s downtown waterfront neighborhood and is bounded by First Avenue on the west, Madison Street on the north, Second Avenue on the east, and Marion Street on the south. Construction of this 36 story, 854,000 square foot building began with the demolition of the historic Burke Building (a few features were preserved such as a granite arch now located on the Second Avenue side of the JFB). The JFB is home to over 35 agencies and more than 2,300 employees. Many of the original tenant agencies, which began to occupy space in 1974, still reside in the building. As the largest federal office building with the greatest number of occupants, the JFB is considered the "flagship" of federal office buildings in the Pacific Northwest.
THE VBA VISION:
Our vision is that the veterans whom we serve will feel that our nation has kept its commitment to them; employees will feel that they are both recognized for their contribution and are part of something larger than themselves; and taxpayers will feel that we've met the responsibilities they've entrusted to us. Courage, honesty, trust, respect, open communication, and accountability will be reflected in our day to day behavior.