Rome - Donald J. Mitchell VA Outpatient Clinic
Veterans experiencing an emotional crisis should contact the Veterans Crisis Line or call 1-800-273-8255 press 1.
Veterans in need of medical advice after normal clinic hours can call TelCare at 1-888-838-7890.
- Primary Care Services for Veterans in the greater Utica-Rome area in Central New York State.
- Behavioral Health Care: A behavioral health care team consisting of social workers, psychiatrists, a psychiatric nurse, and visiting counselors from the Syracuse VAMC, provide medications, individual and group psychotherapy for veterans experiencing personal and emotional problems, including drug and alcohol problems.
- Smoking Cessation: The Clinic offers the QuitSmart® smoking cessation program — an innovative service that combines the best of behavioral and medication treatments in a group format.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all veterans.
- Personal Care: The healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and clerical staff provide primary care services at the clinic,stressing health maintenance and preventative medicine.
- Specialty services beyond primary care are available through VA Health Care Upstate New York at Syracuse. If you require more specialized tests your health care provider will arrange for a referral for these services at the Syracuse facility. Some transportation services are available through a cooperative effort of the DAV and the Clinic's own shuttle service.
- Home Based Primary Care: Certain patients with relatively short-term problems. These patients need healthcare services, home training, and home adaptation. Services are provided until the patient can be properly cared for in an outpatient clinic.
- Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) is a therapeutically oriented outpatient day program, which provides health maintenance and rehabilitative services to frail elderly and functionally impaired veterans in a congregate setting.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing station only.
- Radiology: Chest, abdominal, and extremity x-rays available on premises.
- Parking: Free parking on premises
DAV Shuttle Service
334-7100, extension 57353
Leaves Rome at 8:30 a.m.
Leaves Syracuse at 3:00 p.m.
Parent Facility: Syracuse VAMC
Phone: (315) 425-4400 or (800) 792-4334