Veterans Health Administration
VistA Imaging DICOM
DICOM Modality Conformance Requirements
The documents below specify how acquisition modalities shall provide the DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) functionality needed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD).
- Joint VA/DoD DICOM Modality Conformance Requirements (Rev 3.0)
- Annex A - Dental Acquisition Modality Specializations (Rev 2.0)
VistA Imaging DICOM Conformance Statement
This document is the combined conformance statment for the various DICOM components in VistA Imaging.
- VistA Imaging System DICOM Conformance Statement (Rev 6, October 2011)
Approved DICOM Modality Interfaces
- VistA Imaging Approved DICOM Modality Interfaces (September 2015)
- DICOM Modality Validation Test Procedure (June 2014)
- DICOM Remote Workstation Validation Test Procedure (July 2010)
PACS Interface Specifications
VistA Imaging provides complete specifications for HL7 and DICOM interfaces. Vendors must demonstrate conformance to these specifications to interface with VistA Imaging.
- DICOM PACS Interface Profiles (Rev 1.0)
Recommended Standard for Multimedia in Patient Records
A PDF viewer is needed to display PDF files. Click here to view a list of viewers available for download.
For additional information, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs Freedom of Information Act Service at www.oprm.va.gov/foia