Veterans Health Administration
VistA Imaging HL7
PACS Interface Specifications
Vendors of commercial Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) are required to provide interfaces to the VistA Imaging system that conform to the following:
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Technical Frameworks
- Federal privacy, security, and patient safety regulations
- VHA workflow requirements
VistA Imaging provides complete specifications for HL7 and DICOM interfaces. Vendors must demonstrate conformance to these specifications to interface with VistA Imaging.
- Profiles for HL7 Messages from VistA to Commercial PACS Rev 1.2 (September 2008)
- Profiles for HL7 Messages from VistA to Commercial PACS (Radiology and Clinical Specialty Workflow) (May 2013)
- Profiles for HL7 Messages from VistA to Commercial Image Managers (Anatomic Pathology Workflow) (September 2012)
- Summary of PACS HL7 Testing for Scheduled Workflow (July 2007)
Approved HL7 PACS Interfaces
A PDF viewer is needed to display PDF files. Click here to view a list of viewers available for download.
For additional information, contact VAHL7PACSValidation@VA.gov.