No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
First Lady Michelle Obama Encourages Landlords to Help End Veteran Homelessness from USICH on Vimeo.
What’s New In the Fight to End Veteran Homelessness
- VA Guest Blog for the National Housing Conference Urges Action to End Veteran Homelessness | Posted Nov. 6, 2015
- Best Practices and Research News from the VA National Center On Homelessness Among Veterans | October 2015 Newsletter | Posted Oct. 22, 2015
- Mobile, Ala., and Troy, N.Y., Latest Cities to End Veteran Homelessness | USICH Newsletter | Posted Oct. 21, 2015
- SQUARES Training Expands Access to Homeless Management Information System | Posted Oct. 21, 2015
- On Veterans Day, 11/11 @ 7, Let's Rally to House America's Homeless Veterans | Ken Leslie of Veterans Matter for The Huffington Post | Posted Oct. 21, 2015
Explore Key Homeless Veterans Programs and Resources