Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Ending Veteran Homelessness
Let’s End Veteran Homelessness
Welcome to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Ending Veteran Homelessness website.
Read More »»
Ending Veteran Homelessness,
Community By Community
First Lady Michelle Obama announces the Mayors Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness in the East Room of the White House. (Photo by Amanda Lucidon, June 4, 2014)
Learn More »»
With One Call, Veterans Overcome Homelessness
See how a call to 877-4AID-VET helped Veterans overcome homelessness and get their lives back on track.
Watch the PSA »»
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center, where homeless coordinators are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
What’s New In the Fight to End Veteran Homelessness
- Partnerships Help in Ending Veteran Homelessness | VA Blog Post | June 29, 2015
- Applications Invited for Share of $7 million in HUD-VASH Vouchers. Funding provides up to 1,000 Veterans and their families with access to affordable housing and supportive services. Applications due Aug. 28, 2015. | HUD Press Release (PDF) | June 26, 2015
- Building Bridges to Employment to Help Veterans Exit Homelessness | VA Blog Post | June 18, 2015
- VA Launches Community-Based Employment Service for Homeless Veterans | VA Press Release | June 10, 2015
- Editorial Roundtable Focuses on Employment of Veterans Exiting Homelessness | June 10, 2015
- All In On Ending Veteran Homelessness: We Stand Together by Secretary Bob McDonald, Secretary Tom Perez, Secretary Julián Castro and Matthew Doherty | June 5, 2015
- My "Move" From Homelessness to Business Owner | Huffington Post | June 5, 2015
- Seizing the Opportunity to Serve More Veterans Who Are Homeless by Secretary Bob McDonald | VA Blog | June 3, 2015
View Success Stories Video
Explore Key Homeless Veterans Programs and Resources