Offices and Locations
The Office of Acquisition and Logistics is comprised of 5 major organizational components which allow us to support Department’s administrations and staff offices so they can accomplish their missions. We also provide oversight responsibility on behalf of the Secretary to ensure VA complies with laws, policies and directions from execution branch partners, such as the Office of Management and Budget, Department of Treasury, General Services Administration, Government Accountability Office, and Congress.
Office of Acquisition Program Support
Provides executive direction for acquisition efforts focused on workforce development, supply fund management, human resources liaison requirements, facilities and emergency preparedness.
Office of Procurement Policy, Systems and Oversight
Responsible for management and oversight of VA’s acquisition system; training and warranting of its acquisition work force; and analytical support for its procurement programs.
Office of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The Logistics and Supply Chain Management staff are responsible for VA logistics policy development, enforcement, coordination, and training.
- Supplier Relationship Management Initiative » A transformation of the end-to-end acquisition process which will capitalize on industry expertise as an effort to improve the VA acquisition process as a whole.
- Finance Office » Operates and oversees VA’s Supply Fund.
- Human Resources Office » Supports the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction by providing expertise and guidance in Human Resources Mnagement.
- Service and Distribution Center » Provides biomedical equipment and repair services to VA and shipping and distribution services for VA and Other Government Agencies.
Office of National Healthcare Acquisition
The Office of National Healthcare Acquisition (or National Acquisition Center) is responsible for supporting the health care requirements of the VA and other government agencies.
- Federal Supply Schedule Service » Manages multiple award contracts for medical equipment, supply, pharmaceutical, and service Schedule programs.
- National Contract Service » Responsible for National Contracts and Blanket Purchase Agreements, in support of National Standardization, which are established under the Federal Supply Schedule Program.
- Business Resources Service » Provides administrative, operational and program support to all the other NAC Services and customer-specific acquisition support to various VA and OGA clients.
- Denver Acquisition and Logistics Service » Provides cradle-to-grave supply chain management for the VA National Hearing Aid Program and supports VA and other government agencies with professional acquisition and logistical services.
- Business Development and Marketing » Responsible for promoting OAL products and services and identifying business opportunities.
VA Acquisition Academy
Recognized as an industry leader in training and development for the Federal Acquisition workforce through our five professional schools.