April/May 2014 | No. 56 FSS eNewsletter
FSS eNewsletter April/May 2014 | No. 56
Electronic Acceptance of Offers
In February we announced our intent to begin accepting solicitation proposals electronically. And today, we are very excited to announce that on May 1, 2014 we began accepting offers electronically!
We realize that the offer submission process can be complicated and it is our hope that by accepting proposals electronically we will:
- Simplify the documentation & promote electronic completion of all forms;
- Eliminate the costs of printing & shipping a complete copy of the required documentation;
- Accelerate the receipt & assignment of your proposal to an assigned contract specialist; and
- Promote a more efficient & timely review of your proposal
There are some things to consider when submitting an electronic offer:
- Be sure that you are using the most recent solicitation forms. We will only accept proposals submitted using the most current forms. Forms will be good for up to 90 days from the date of publication of the new solicitation. After this 90 day grace period all outdated proposals will be returned without further action. Check out theVA Schedules page to determine the solicitation version you should be using!
- All electronic offers must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line FSS - Offer - Schedule ID - 1 of # (e.g. FSS - Offer - 65 II A - 1 of 4). This email address serves as the central portal for processing new offers, therefore any offers that do not include this reference may be misdirected and thereby the review & evaluation of your off may be delayed. Reference the table below for a listing of the acceptable Schedule IDs.
- For the immediate future we will continue to accept hard copy offers as we work out the kinks of electronic acceptance. In accordance with 52.204-4, Printed or copied double-sided on recycled paper (May 2011), you are required to provide a double-sided print of your proposal in a 3-ring binder. Hard copy offers should be sent to:
VA National Acquisition Center
Federal Supply Schedule Service (003A4B)
Attn: New Schedule Offer
P.O. Box 76, Bldg. 37
1st Ave. One Block north of Cermak Road (22nd Street)
Hines, IL 60141
Electronic Submission Logistics
FSS - Offer - Schedule ID - Company Name - 1 of #